66 Imperial Convertible ( Yahoo Auction)
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

66 Imperial Convertible ( Yahoo Auction)



My recollection was that the Imperial in the car wash was a '63 Crown 
Convertible, and the car in the swimming pool was a '58 Chevrolet.

Paul


In a message dated 5/1/2004 2:45:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time, 
jfastov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> i got colonial grain at hydroelectric
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: Wm. R. Ulman 
> To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 
> Sent: Saturday, May 01, 2004 2:26 PM
> Subject: RE: IML: 66 Imperial Convertible ( Yahoo Auction)
> 
> 
> Does anybody know if this type of material is available still, and if so, 
>where?  If it is not still in production, which I wholly doubt it is, what 
>would the best option be for a replacement top?  My top is ok, but has a small 
>tear at the base of what would be considered the "C" pillar area where it goes 
>into the body.  This appears to be a stress point where it folds/unfolds when 
>lowered, or raised.  The top was on the car when I bought it in '00, and is 
>white (now grey), and the sides seem to be either shrunken, or never properly 
>fitted over the weather-stripping.  I dare say I can't take the car through a 
>car wash without getting a shower myself ala Doris Day in whichever Doris 
>Day/Rock Hudson movie that was.  I am holding off on the driving an Imperial 
>into the swimming pool ala another Doris Day/Rock Hudson movie until, well, 
>never I hope.  Those movies were pretty hard on Imperials come to think of it! 
> One good thing though, Doris always had great parking "Karma" in those 
>movies.  No matter where it was, or how busy a place, she pulled right up in 
>front, jumped out, and pretty much skipped into wherever she was going.  
>Perpetually perky, I say!  Hence, my Imperial convertible is "Doris Day"
>  
> Bill Ulman
> Seattle, WA
> '66 Crown Convertible - Doris Day
> Off to a couple of body shops today for estimates on "The Dent"
> -----Original Message-----
> From: mailing-list-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 
>[mailto:mailing-list-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mad4cars@xxxxxxx
> Sent: Saturday, May 01, 2004 3:45 AM
> To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: IML: 66 Imperial Convertible ( Yahoo Auction)
> 
> 
> leather grained vinyl is original and they lasted a long 
> time 
!¶Úÿ0Šj^®&¥r[›r‰“†+&zË�ì²Ç§¶Ú2¢æò¶ˆš—«‰©Lj)bžâ²Óåy«­êeÊÚ&j)bž    
b²Ø¦¥êâjW%¹·(™©ÝÊ‹«­ë)¢{Â)emë!j·�Â+az÷«Ê‰Þ>¸¯jצzË�ë�Ö­µ§!™éí±ú+¶€vh§ŠËkjÚ+²ÈhºW[zǧ¶Ú0y¹š²×«Šj^®&¥r[›r‰“¡CRP‚D€D‚‹h†Ûiÿø¦¥êâjW%¹·(›û§²æìr¸›zf


Home Back to the Home of the Forward Look Network


Copyright © The Forward Look Network. All rights reserved.

Opinions expressed in posts reflect the views of their respective authors.
This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.